Friday, November 20, 2009

How do I love thee, Super Furry Animals?

Let me count the ways: 1. They're Welsh! 2. Stylistic variation between songs! Examples: 3. Artistic growth over many albums! allmusic overview 4. Obscure origins! Early years as Welsh-only band 5. Side projects! The Peth 'The Golden Mile', featuring SFA's drummer, Dafydd Ieuan. Neon Neon 'I Told Her on Alderaan / Trick for Treat', featuring SFA singer Gruff Rhys. Acid Casuals 'Bowl Me Over', featuring SFA keyboardist Cian Ciaran. 6. Furry costumes! 7. Intriguing singer with lots of personality and smooth voice! Gruff Rhys singing “Turning Tide” 8. Cool album art! 8. Silliness! 9. Non-English-language double albums! Mwng review 10. Most importantly, great tunes! "International Language of Screaming" "Sidewalk Serfer Girl" ~~~ Some more samples of their work: Just grand. Keep it up, boys! You add joy to my life. p.s. Oh, did I mention lots of cool videos? SFA homepage

1 comment: